View RSS Feed

Vipp

DocUmentary: Visual Brain Food. Episode 4: Fredrik Gertten and Mugabe.

Rate this Entry
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	big boys gone bannanas.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	7.3 KB 
ID:	1013

Big Boys Gone Bananas*

What would happen if you or I decided to take question the honest reputation of a multinational corporation that had enough money to buy the best lawyers in all of America?
Fredrik Gertten unwittingly managed to do just this by accident and you get to see the whole picture unfold in this brilliant and light hearted documentary. A small independent film maker and his producer fight for the right to freedom of speech as Dole (the world’s largest distributor of foods) try to stop their film about banana plantation workers being made sterile by the use of banned chemicals and pesticides being released in America or anywhere else for that matter.
If you ever wanted to see the wolf through the sheep skin, here is one of many examples of that very situation unfolding. This film is brilliant and has a great ending and I would recommend afternoon viewing with light snacks. Just don’t eat anything produced by Dole. Lol.

Want to watch it?

This film is currently on Netflix (UK as of 09/04/13)

Want to read about it?
http://www.bigboysgonebananas.com/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mugabe and the white african.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	4.7 KB 
ID:	1014

Mugabe and the white African

This film is as important as it is shocking. I have always had a positive interest in the continent of Africa and enjoyed spending a lot of my working life with African people from all over the continent and from Zimbabwe, where Robert Mugabe refuses to step down and end his terror regime against the people he is sworn to protect. This unblinking documentary offers no apology for showing you what can happen when conditions allow for a tyrant to rule over people with seemingly no intervention from the outside world.
A family of White farmers fight for the right to remain on their farm instillation with over 500 workers and a small infrastructure that benefits all that stay there. Mugabe demanded that all land owned by white farmers should be seized and taken by the poverty stricken members of Zimbabwe. You don’t need to look to the past to learn about dictators like Adolf Hitler, they are still alive and kicking and in good health on the earth right now, and people are still under their influence.

Watch this film and share it.

Want to watch it?
This film is currently on Netflix (UK as of 09/04/13)

Want to read about it?
http://www.mugabeandthewhiteafrican.com/brief-synopsis/

Submit "DocUmentary: Visual Brain Food. Episode 4: Fredrik Gertten and Mugabe." to Digg Submit "DocUmentary: Visual Brain Food. Episode 4: Fredrik Gertten and Mugabe." to del.icio.us Submit "DocUmentary: Visual Brain Food. Episode 4: Fredrik Gertten and Mugabe." to StumbleUpon Submit "DocUmentary: Visual Brain Food. Episode 4: Fredrik Gertten and Mugabe." to Google

Updated 07-01-2013 at 05:51 PM by Vipp

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Television, Movies & Music

Comments