Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

And my potential new job wont allow me much time off so it looks like Thurs till Sun for me

Quote Originally Posted by retroshaun View Post
    And my potential new job wont allow me much time off so it looks like Thurs till Sun for me
    We'll try to save some Jack for you...

Quote Originally Posted by retroshaun View Post
    Shaun, you think you're going to bring the Family this year? If not maybe we should try to split a room or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Deaf-CD-Thief View Post
    Will there be CDs at your booth again?

I like CDs...

...which is odd, since I can't actually HEAR them.

Still, I like CDs. Please have them on spindles so I can more easily carry them.
    The "Deaf CD Theif" is the greatest thing i've seen in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by teknohed View Post
    The "Deaf CD Theif" is the greatest thing i've seen in a long time.
    Thank you.

Where do you live?

Do you have CDs?

Blog Entries

In case your not keeping up on their site; CGE guest list as of March 24th;

MR. RALPH BAER
    "The Father of Video Games", he developed the "Brown Box" console which later became a household name when Atari released it as Pong. Ralph also developed the very first home console light gun and game (Magnavox Odyssey's Shooting Gallery) among many other innovations. MR. DAVID CRANE
    Biography
    Co-founder of Activision in 1979, where he designed such classics as Pitfall!, Dragster, Decathlon, Fishing Derby, Freeway and Ghostbusters. He transcended the Atari era with memorable titles such as A Boy and His Blob for NES and David Crane's Amazing Tennis for 16-bit systems.
    MR. DON DAGLOW
    Biography
    Designed and programmed the Intellivision game Utopia (the first sim game) before being named director of software development for Mattel. In 1988 he founded Stormfront Studios, who have published Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone, Blood Wake, Neverwinter Nights and 90's classics like Tony LaRussa Baseball and AD&D Gateway to the Savage Frontier.
    MR. WARREN DAVIS

Biography
    Best known for the arcade hit Q*Bert while at Gottlieb, Warren was also responsible for Joust 2 and Us vs. Them.
    MR. WALTER DAY
    Walter is best known to the videogame community as founder and one-time owner of "Twin Galaxies", the official record-keeping branch of the gaming community.
    MR. DAVID FOX
    David Fox is a multimedia producer, best known for his early work on LucasArts games such as Rescue on Fractalus, Labyrinth, and Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders.
    MR. BRAD FREGGER
    Biography
    The first computer games producer at Activision (possibly the world, for that matter) and the producer for games designed by David Crane, Alan Miller, and Steve Cartwright. Additionally, he was the producer who discovered Shanghai, is directly involved in the history of Tetris, and is the inventor of Computer Card Solitaire
    MR. ED FRIES
    Ed Fries was vice president of game publishing at Microsoft during much of the Xbox's lifecycle. He played an important role in the acquisition of developers Bungie Studios, BioWare and Rare.
    MR. ROGER HECTOR
    BiographyHas been involved in projects as early as the coin-op version of Warlords, was president of the Sega Technical Institute, overseeing the Sonic the Hedgehog series among others, and is currently President of Universal Interactive.
    MS. REBECCA HEINEMAN
    Multi-faceted game designer best known for The Bard's Tale III, Mindshadow, Borrowed Time, Battle Chess, The Tracer Sanction and Tass Times in Tonetown. She also ported Another World to Mac, SNES and Apple IIGS.
    MS. JENNELL JAQUAYS
    Jennell is a video and boardgame designer best known for Dungeons & Dragons modules Dark Tower and Caverns of Thracia for Judges Guild; development and design of conversions on games such as Pac-Man and Donkey Kong for Coleco's home arcade video game system; and more recent design work for various video games, including the Age of Empires series, Quake 2, and Quake III Arena.
    MR. ARNIE KATZ
    Biography
    Co-founder of Electronic Games Magazine, the first and most popular publication devoted strictly to electronic entertainment.
    MR. GARRY KITCHEN
    Biography
    Creator of Space Jockey, Keystone Kapers and Pressure Cooker for the Atari 2600. For the Commodore 64 computer, he wrote The Designer's Pencil and Garry Kitchen's Gamemaker.
    MR. KEITH ROBINSON
    Biography
    Intellivision programmer while at Mattel Electronics and designer of TRON Solar Sailer for the system. Co-founder of Intellivision Productions, makers of "Intellivision Lives!," a CD-ROM compilation of the original games for play on the PC and Mac.
    MR. ROBERT SMITH
    Biography
    Created Video Pinball while at Atari and Star Voyager, Riddle of the Sphinx, Dragonfire, and Moonsweeper for the Atari 2600 while at Imagic. Also programmed Star Wars: The Arcade Game (2600) for Parker Brothers.
    MR. TOMMY TALLARICO
    Tommy is a videogame composer and musician who has worked on hundreds of games since 1991 including the Earthworm Jim series, Unreal, Cool Spot, RoboCop versus The Terminator, Pac-Man World, Prince of Persia, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, and many more. he has won over 25 industry awards for best video game audio and is co-creator of the concert series "Video Games Live".
    MR. HOWARD SCOTT WARSHAW
    Biography
    Howard Scott Warshaw came to Silicon Valley in 1979, where after a brief stint as a network designer for Hewlett Packard, shifted his career focus entirely and joined Atari. There he produced Yars' Revenge (Atari's biggest selling original game), Raiders of the Lost Ark and ET: The Extra-Terrestrial, the game that New Media magazine described as having toppled a billion dollar industry.
    MS. JOYCE WORLEY
    Biography
    Co-founder of Electronic Games Magazine, and concurrently published Electronic Games Hotline, a bi-weekly newsletter which covered the latest news surrounding the hobby.
    MR. STEVE WOZNIAK
    Biography
    A member of the Inventors Hall of Fame and winner of the prestigious Heinz Award for Technology, Steve helped shape the computing industry with his design of Apple's first line of products the Apple I and II and influenced the popular Macintosh. For his achievements at Apple Computer, Steve was awarded the National Medal of Technology by the President of the United States in 1985, the highest honor bestowed America's leading innovators.
    Retrogaming Roundup Co-host and host of the Hardware Flashback.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

Blog Entries

Top of my list is Woz. We have to get Woz.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Blog Entries

I agree the Woz would be an incredible get. I would love to hear you guys interview him. He seems like a truly sincere guy and he doesn't really get the credit that is due him. Without the Woz Steve Jobs would probably have become a really famous used car salesman. And of course without Jobs Woz would probably have just given his computer away for free to hobbyists!

Quote Originally Posted by teknohed View Post
    Shaun, you think you're going to bring the Family this year? If not maybe we should try to split a room or something.
    At this point - to be determined. I am thinking not but I dunno. Its my birthday that weekend so usually we do something together but as we will have just relocated to Florida and money will be tight I may just come alone. If so - yeah lets do that.

BTW - thats already a great lineup!