Blog Entries

Default Sega Game Gear Games in DSiware store

Kind of suprised to see a selection of three Sega Game Gear games in the DSiware store today. Available are Shinobi, Sonic the Hedgehog Triple Trouble and Dragon Crystal (anyone play this one?).

I shall be buying Dragon Crystal as i played the master system version a few months ago and was pleasantly surprised with how good a roguelike it was, very similar to the Mystery Dungeon games if you have ever played them. With the virtual console suspend and resume functions too it will make for an excellent pick up and play game.

heres a brief bit about it from 1up

Blog Entries

Cool, I will pick it up also. I just never played it on the SMS, although it was the Roguelike gameplay that is drawing me in. And it also kind of reminds of the Temple of Apshai series, too. Thanks for the recommendation!

Quote Originally Posted by random_dave View Post
    I shall be buying Dragon Crystal as i played the master system version a few months ago and was pleasantly surprised with how good a roguelike it was, very similar to the Mystery Dungeon games if you have ever played them. With the virtual console suspend and resume functions too it will make for an excellent pick up and play game.

heres a brief bit about it from 1up

M2 look like they have done a good job with the Game Gear emulation; multiple screen sizes, mappable buttons, etc. Unusual selection of games though. Why skip straight to the fourth Sonic title? I could never get into Dragon Crystal in the sega master system myself, but its a type of game that works well enough in handheld form.