Blog Entries

Default Smith's Art of Video Games Fails to Excite

So Cal Mike, Founder

Co-Host
    http://www.RetroGamingRoundup.com

What a bunch of dorks. What are they looking for, a 700-page encyclopedia of video games translated into an exhibit? Maybe the thing was overhyped, but what I gathered from the interview (thanks, btw), was that they would be having every little thing ever. Hell, I recently appeared on an episode of my buddy's podcast doing a video game episode and we ate up almost two hours talking about our favorite game in only 6 categories. You have to leave something out to fit something in, or else you end up with an exhibit that fills a stadium (or a 3-hour "Top 10" list

Blog Entries

Well I'll say this, and we haven't made a big deal of this, but RetroGaming Roundup were advisers to this exhibit. We met with them and communicated quite a bit online. They were gracious and polite, they invited us down to the National Portrait Museum and we had a nice presentation to help them with guest, music, and display selections. I brought up the issue of controversy and they plainly stated that wasn't their way so this was really no surprise. Many of the suggestions that we made in terms of guests and performers were present at the kickoff weekend. This was not their natural element and they had to go with what they knew, and I do give them credit for coming so far from where they started.

If you want the rest of the story..... PM me..
    Retrogaming Roundup Co-host and host of the Hardware Flashback.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

Woops! I meant to say, ". . . what I gathered from the interview, was that they would NOT be having every little thing ever." Maybe this will lead to exhibits that are more specific. When it comes to this hobby you just can't cross all of the t's. No matter how much you put in, some ass-wipe will still complain that you didn't include the Sega CD version of Sherlock Holmes, and that it is way better than the 3DO version that you did include.