Default Playstation Suite SDK open Beta now available

Hey guys, Sony opened up the Beta for the PlayStation Suite Development system, and added the Vita support (to accompany the prvious android support, and PC emulator)

It is free for anyone to download from http://www.playstation.com/pss/devel...a/index_e.html, at least until the suite goes 'live' at which point a license will be needed to be bought for $99 which will allow you to publish content to the PlayStation Store

So if anyone is into or learning programming it could be worth checking out, it's all based on C# so it's pretty easy to get into, and I'm going to try and learn to use it, at least until the Beta period is up (and maybe beyond)

Which brings me to a slight bummer with it, despite it's reliance on the mono runtimes and GTK# it will only work on windows, and as my netbook doesn't have a large enough C partition to install .net4.0 I am having to run it in Virtualbox, which seems ok, except for the fact that the PC emulator doesn't launch under Virtualbox

Anyway, to test installing the Vita debugging driver and deployment i modified one of the samples quickly as a proof of concept, and it made me consider maybe making an RGR soundboard to get used to the way it handles importing graphics, audio and handling touch implementation, and here it is

Blog Entries

Very very Great! I hope you do go ahead and make an awesome app for RGR. Soundboard apps are easy first steps for sure. Can't wait to see your progress. I really need to find time to update my RGR android app. Been too busy lately but I need to do something about the screen rez for larger phones.