Default Arcade/PC/Console

So maybe I'm just weird but my MAME cab has become my all-in-one gaming machine. I hooked up a PS3 controller last week and I've been playing my PC games off of Steam. At the moment I'm playing Darwinia. I also played the hell out of an excellent tower defense game called Defense Grid.

I went overboard and built a powerful PC for the cab earlier this year, so I've been taking advantage of it. It's something you might want to consider if you're thinking about building a MAME cab. I'm also glad that I put a volume knob and headphone jack on the front (need it for games outside of a MAME frontend)

Blog Entries

Do you have Daphne installed? Having those lase disk games is a huge addition to a MAME cab.
    Retrogaming Roundup Co-host and host of the Hardware Flashback.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

Not yet, and I'm glad you mentioned it. I tried getting that to work on my last machine... I can't remember what the hangup was, maybe it was something about a download helper or some hoops that I had to jump through to get it working and I just gave up on it. Got any advice on that?

Blog Entries

Mine worked as advertised, give it a go and let us know if anything comes up.
    Retrogaming Roundup Co-host and host of the Hardware Flashback.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

That's pretty cool! I'm going to be working on a project to hack a wired 360 pad and turn it into a special pinball controller to play Pinball FX and Pinball Arcade with!

Anyway, did you paint the cab black, or is that veneer?

Cool. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SepticLemon View Post
    Anyway, did you paint the cab black, or is that veneer?
    Thanks,

Yeah I have to emulate the PS3 as a 360 controller for some games.

It's painted MDF - flat black with the control panel coated in polyurethane.