Default Game Gavel Phishing?

Well, that's what my super duper apartment wifi tells me today... the site is blocked because it is a Phishing site. Fantastic... I am demoted to cell phone reading/posting any idea what changed to make this happen? It was working just fine the last few weeks.

Blog Entries

Strange. Ill look into it. Anyone else seeing this? Can you post a screenshot showing the messasge box?

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

We discover some nastiness on GG and removed it. Shouldn't be an issue anymore. Please let me know otherwise. Thanks Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by retroshaun View Post
    Well, that's what my super duper apartment wifi tells me today... the site is blocked because it is a Phishing site. Fantastic... I am demoted to cell phone reading/posting any idea what changed to make this happen? It was working just fine the last few weeks.

OpenDNS still have it blocked on their phishing filter, I've switched to google public dns for now, but you may need to contact openDNS to get removed from their blacklist again

Blog Entries

I tried to see if GG was a phishing site using their system and it came up unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by random_dave View Post
    OpenDNS still have it blocked on their phishing filter, I've switched to google public dns for now, but you may need to contact openDNS to get removed from their blacklist again

Quote Originally Posted by GameGavel View Post
    I tried to see if GG was a phishing site using their system and it came up unknown.
    I use OpenDNS at my office. The domain was blocked for me today too. I had to switch to my ISP's DNS to get on. I used OpenDNS' contact link to inform them that it is not a phishing site (although if you did indeed have some malware infect the site it might take them a while to white list it).

Its all good now. I too informed OpenDNS but I dare say that will be promptly ignored. Thanks for the quick fix Mike.

Got an email from OpenDNS recently. I guess they do respond to review requests:

Hello Paul,

The phish tag has been removed from the 'gamegavel.com' domain. Thank you for your patience with this matter.

Vinny LaRiza
    Community Moderator
    OpenDNS

Blog Entries

Ya, we've been battling this bullshit a while now. Some of it is coming in through Wordpress. Should be cleaned out for now . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Nurmix View Post
    Got an email from OpenDNS recently. I guess they do respond to review requests:

Hello Paul,

The phish tag has been removed from the 'gamegavel.com' domain. Thank you for your patience with this matter.

Vinny LaRiza
    Community Moderator
    OpenDNS