Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by saberman View Post
    I'm also getting addicted to Minestorm too although I've only managed to get as far as level 3.
    Minestorm is amazing.

I think Level 6 or 7 is my best.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerSpaceFan View Post
    Congrats! The Vectrex is one of my prized possessions, nothing beats that vector display.

By the way, there's been a lot of discussion about a collector possibly releasing the ROM for a game called Mail Plane which is a rare game that also uses the Vectrex Light Pen. It's not out yet and you probably don't have a pen but I know Recycled Gamer makes reproductions for a good price (unfortunately out of stock right now).

Probably a lot of info to take in for a new owner but I figured it was relevant and might be good info for the rest of the Vectrex owners here on GameGavel.
    Mail Plane has now been released by the way.
    http://www.vectrex.com/

I still really want a Vectrex, I was at an event a couple of weeks ago and spent ages playing Vector Pilot - such a fabulous game.

Quote Originally Posted by The Laird View Post
    I still really want a Vectrex, I was at an event a couple of weeks ago and spent ages playing Vector Pilot - such a fabulous game.
    Wow, resurrecting this thread!

I see that a couple of years ago I posted about being on the fence about getting a Vectrex. As I recently talked about (on various podcast episodes) I recently did get one! And it is really quite awesome. I'll have to check out Vector Pilot.

It deserved a resurrection, the Vectrex is awesome!

I finally am in the Vectrex club, wanted one for years.
    Have 3 games and look forward to the hunt.
    Is the ROM cart still available for purchase anywhere?
    The links I find all seem to be dead.

I've just had to fix mine. The display started to go completely off intermittently. It just kept getting worse until one did it didn't come on. Luckily there are loads of videos on youTube with people fixing and diagnosing problems on the Vectrex.

None were exactly the same as mine but they helped me pin it down to the -13V power line. I eventually found that one of the signal diodes had gone. I replaced it and it is back in a working state again although it isn't quite perfect. There are some renovations I discovered while I was looking for help on t'internet I might try some of those.
    Proud owner of CGE Adventures

Check out my uTube channel for Spectrum gaming goodness:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWD1...nQ0rpTg/videos